Monday, August 27, 2007

Why?


That's the question that kept running through my mind tonight as everyone gathered at ET's house to talk, laugh and exchange memories. We sure did laugh a lot. ET would have loved to have been in the thick of things tonight, with people milling all around her house. At the bottom of all the talk and laughter though, is that nagging question - why? Why take someone so beautiful through and through? Someone so sincere and honest and caring? Someone that gave so much to those around her?

Tomorrow will be difficult for sure. Maybe the beginning of really starting to process it all. They're going to play Amazing Grace at the service - Gawd, anything but that. That song tears me up even without a funeral service to deal with. But it was ET's favorite.

It was surreal to go through all the photos and prepare the poster boards. So many memories. And to see the recent photos, you got the sense that ET was just getting started - that her best was yet to come.

Why?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was Elizabeth's friend from Hemotology Oncology and wanted so badly to attend the services today but we were so short with the vacations, etc. However, Dr. Bingham's nurse was there and told me how beautiful everything was. You are right, "why" is the big question? I only knew her for a few months but she made such an impact on me, I felt I knew her forever! I miss her smile and our chats when she would come in. She is in a better place. I also miss seeing Michael who was so supportive through out the illness and hope for his healing in the future. Sharon Wates