Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Thoughts on Elizabeth


ok, I lied about the final two posts! Someone forwarded to me a poem and some thoughts that they wanted to share, so here they are below. Thanks for forwarding! If anyone else has thoughts they want to share on the blog, please forward them to me at the contact address located on the right-hand column of this page. I can post them anonymously or with credit. Or, if you prefer, I can easily set you up to post directly on the blog yourself.

Special thanks to those who have called the 800- number to record thoughts on Elizabeth for the children. What a wonderful gift! I'll leave the number up and running for a while longer - please call if you can.

--jimmy


I’m Free

Don’t grieve for me,
For now I’m free
A friendship shared,
A laugh, a kiss,
Ah yes, these things
I too will miss.
Be not burdened
With times of sorrow,
I wish you
Sunshine of tomorrow.
My life’s been full,
I’ve savored much,
Good friends, good times,
A loved one’s touch.

Perhaps my time
Seemed all too brief;
Don’t lengthen it now
With undue grief.
Lift up your hearts
And share with me,
God wanted me now;
He set me free.

I truly feel that Elizabeth blessed us all yesterday with such a beautiful day to gather and honor her life. Later in the evening, there was a stunning full bright moon and a clear sky. I felt like that was her light shining down on all of us…as her final gift to us all.

0 Comments